The Sour Grape

I have been told by at least one person (and I think many more might have the same idea) that "I have disregard for postgraduate entrance examinations and am working where I am currently working like it is something heroic because I find entrance examinations difficult to crack, because I'm incapable of getting a good rank, and I am just finding excuses that I can't figure out what postgraduation to do, that I don't want to lock myself in a garage to learn".

To them I would say, maybe you are right.

Maybe I am an idiot.
Maybe I barely passed MBBS.
Maybe I should not have been a doctor on the first hand.
Maybe I do not have the aptitude to crack entrance exams.
Maybe I am not even smart enough to do the "right" things in life.
Maybe I am stupid.

But, guess what?

I don't care.

My choices are entirely mine. My outlook is formed by my thought processes and I can live with the same. Maybe I don't fit your definition of success. Maybe I don't fit your definition of smart. I don't care.

It is my life. And I will choose how to tread it.

If your idea of successful and smart is to eternally run behind happiness in a pattern that is set by the expectations of the community. Pity you. I am happy where I am. And I am confident of being able to find happy places throughout my life. I don't need your free advice on what is the smartest thing to do.

Do I sound arrogant? Well, that's your problem to solve. Because if you feel like you have been smitten, it's exactly you whom I intended to smite.

You think I will learn myself? Yeah I will. I might some day come back and write entrance exams. But I won't be writing it for you. I will be writing it for myself.

I am in control of my life.
Don't try to wrestle that control away from me.

You can try to unsettle me and shake my confidence.
Well, thank you. But it doesn't work on me.

You know why?
Because my strength lies in knowing what I am doing.

My future is uncertain. But I'm comfortable with uncertainty.
My ideas are abstract. But I can think in abstract.
My philosophy is impractical. But I can make it work.
You may be right. But dare you say I am wrong.

No comments:

Don't Jump On Private Healthcare

Follow me

@asdofindia on Twitter
@learnlearnin on Telegram

About Me

My photo
I am a general practitioner rooted in the principles of primary healthcare. I am also a deep generalist and hold many other interests. If you want a medical consultation, please book an appointment When I'm not seeing patients, I code software, advise health-tech startups, and write blogs. Follow me by subscribing to my writings