If We Could Start From the End

"In my next life I want to live my life backwards. You start out dead and get that out of the way. Then you wake up in an old people's home feeling better every day. You get kicked out for being too healthy, go collect your pension, and then when you start work, you get a gold watch and a party on your first day. You work for 40 years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You party, drink alcohol, and are generally promiscuous, then you are ready for high school. You then go to primary school, you become a kid, you play. You have no responsibilities, you become a baby until you are born. And then you spend your last 9 months floating in luxurious spa-like conditions with central heating and room service on tap, larger quarters every day and then Voila! You finish off as an orgasm!" ~Woody Allen
In my next year I want to spend time backwards. I start off with an exam and get that out of the way. Then I study hard and understand the entire syllabus. After that, I go to the wards and see the patients. And have discussions with my friends about various ailments. And then end the year with "honeymoon" term.

Ah!

In retrospect, it's so very stupid that we have our exams at the very end. As if the examination is the end. It is supposed to be just the means to the end. And for that, it's best kept somewhere towards the middle of the year. First half, you need to have lessons, lectures and learning. Then you will have exam. And then you go to the patients.

Well, don't read the above paragraph.

What I essentially feel now is that quintessential wonder. "Why can't I study 3 months before exams the way I study 3 days before exams?"

There is no answer. Anyhow. Learning is a very nice habit. Going back to it.

No comments:

Don't Jump On Private Healthcare

Follow me

@asdofindia on Twitter
@learnlearnin on Telegram

About Me

My photo
I am a general practitioner rooted in the principles of primary healthcare. I am also a deep generalist and hold many other interests. If you want a medical consultation, please book an appointment When I'm not seeing patients, I code software, advise health-tech startups, and write blogs. Follow me by subscribing to my writings